Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pink Strawberry Scented Rice Tub

We have used coloured rice for many activities during the years and i had some pink leftover in storage so with Valentines day this month we made a sensory play tub up with some hearts, pink silicone cupcake holders and some spoons and jugs to pour with.
The special thing about this coloured rice was that i added a few drops of strawberry essence to the coloured rice and let dry on a baking tray overnight.
It smelt wonderful! The smell of sweet strawberries wafted the room while Tara poured, filled,sprinkled and created


Even little Mason had a turn and enjoyed sprinkling the rice and making it fall. I would suggest doing this outdoors if your children are younger as the rice also makes lovely confetti! :)












2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! You have me thinking about the scents that I have and what I could add to the colored rice that my daughter loves so much...green (spearmint), yellow (lemon). Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh spearmint, that would be amazing! let me know how you go!

    ReplyDelete