Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sand Tray Prep

I had planned on starting the Montessori sand letters tray next year when we start a "letter of the week" program but while in the sandpit today she seemed interested in drawing an 'X' and 'T' so i made up a tray to just get the idea of using her pointer finger in the sand.
I asked her to help the marble find the other marble only using her pointer and following the track.
She then did the opposite way going up this time

I gave her a blank canvas and she told me this is number one..

I guess this proves the point of following your child. I didnt want to rush into learning to print letters but if that is where the interest is im happy to go along and see where it takes us!



6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it. When my oldest (almost 4)was about 15 months old she would BEG us to write letters on her magnadoodle. She still begs us to write things to this day. We followed her lead on it...we didn't push it but we went along with her enthusiasm...and now she is reading and writing. We just recently decided to homeschool...and realized we've been homeschooling all along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun fun blog.... really like it. Lots of super ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. We really enjoy it too. While i hesitate to say i homeschool we kind of just fell into it when i realised Tara had such a passion to learn. It sure beats watching T.V all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful introduction to the sand tray for a young child! I just linked to your lovely Montessori environment page as a featured Montessori home environment in my post on How to Set Up a Montessori Preschool Classroom at Home http://livingmontessorinow.com/2010/08/17/how-to-set-up-a-montessori-preschool-classroom-at-home/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thanks Deb, im hoping to set up a montessori nursery for our bub due in dec so i will post pics of that too when its all done, im very excited!

    ReplyDelete