Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Welcome To Home Learning From Birth

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Water shades

I made up these small containers of blue and green colour shades with water and food colouring by increasing the food colour drops in each container.

I mixed them up and showed Tara how i placed the lightest shade on my left then progressed to the darkest at the end of the line then asked her to repeat it.
When showing any task to a child ensure that you are placing the items left to right which has been proven to aid in reading skills.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I have enjoyed thumbing through each of your posts today! I love this activity too! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. May I ask where you found the small bottles that you used? I was thinking I may be able to use plastic vials (non-toxic discards from a lab) but I may have trouble getting them at this time.
    I wold love to do a study for each color and then a study of the mixing of colors. Oh, the possibilities!
    Thanks for your great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonna, i saw these tiny containers at a dollar store and they sat on my storage shelves for a while until i could think of what to use them for. I agree vials would work just as well. Let me know how you go! All the best

    ReplyDelete